Keep your teeth safe.
June is National Safety Month. National Safety Month is an annual month-long observance in the United States each June that aims to reduce the leading causes of injury and death through increased awareness of safety and health.
Your dental health contributes to your overall health. When considering your safety, remember to protect your teeth and mouth, as well as the rest of your body.
Here is a list of safety tips:
- Wear a protective chin cup or mouth guard while bicycling, skateboarding, or skating. And don’t forget to wear a helmet.
- Your teeth are not tools. Do not use them to pry open bottles or cans.
- Refrain from chewing your nails. It can damage your tooth enamel and introduce bacteria.
- Take care of your teeth by getting regular dental hygiene cleanings with examination.
- Brush your teeth after meals and before bed.
- Floss your teeth once a day.
- If you have a toothache, contact your dentist.
- If you have a broken tooth, contact your dentist immediately.
- No one wants to have to find a dentist because of an emergency while they’re on vacation. If you are planning to travel, be proactive and get a dental checkup a few weeks before you leave. This way, problems can be nipped in the bud, and help to ensure an enjoyable trip.
- If you have missing teeth consider your options including removable dentures and permanent tooth replacement with dental implants. Consider a prosthodontist, an American Dental Association recognized specialist in the restoration and replacement of teeth, for your dental treatment.
Please make your teeth a priority and take care of them. If you have a dental question or would like to schedule an appointment, please feel free to contact Pi Dental Center.
More info about National Safety Month:
Your safety checkup – A risk survey: https://www.nsc.org/forms/safetycheckup